Please print out this form and mail it in with your DME. DME will not be flashed until the form is filled out and sent to us. Thank you.
- Manual and Automatic versions are available
- EWS Delete available separately or combined with a performance tune. Bench flash only for EWS+Tune combination.
- Improved gas mileage
- Improved throttle response
- Improved wide open throttle and part throttle horsepower and torque
- 6500rpm rev limiter (can be changed upon request to your specs)
- Top speed limiter is removed
- Idle Speed 100rpm increase included (stock is optional)
- Express return shipping available to reduce down time of the vehicle, additional fees apply.
- Newly Release Pops and Bangs option is now available. Message us before purchasing this option to make sure your vehicle can safely have it enabled. Only available with Stage 2 and Stage 3 tuning.
This DME (engine computer) software upgrade is for:
BMW E53 (X5 4.4L), engine M62B44TU
BMW E53 (X5 4.6L), engine M62B46TU
BMW E38 (740i/iL), engine M62B44TU
BMW E39 (540i/iA), engine M62B44TU
Other BMW models with a M62B44TU conversions/swaps.
We have 2 methods of having this tune installed (Flash Type Selection).
Method 1 - BENCH (Recommended): Remove the DDE/ECU and mail it in. We will create a full back up image of your ECU without opening the lid or any physical damage to the ECU at all. We then upload our tune of your choice and mail the DDE/ECU back. This is the safest way, as we can have a full back up of the entire ecu content.
Removal of the DME is very simple, on almost all models the DME is located in the black electronics box near the firewall on the passenger side under the hood. If you have any concerns or questions, feel free to send me a message.
Method 2 - REMOTE FLASH: We have an available option of flashing your ECU/DME remotely through the OBD2 port of you vehicle without removal of the ECU/DME. We mail out a OBD2 flash cable to you that you will keep. It will allow us to do any future updates or follow up flashes at later times as well. Windows XP or newer laptop is required, as well as an available USB port. In some rare cases, remote flashing doesn't work, we would have to go to bench flashing method.